Wiederholt & Rickert Partners, LLC, is a unique Patent Litigation Expert Services and New Product Design/Design Research firm. Generally doing business either under the names Don Rickert Research & Design™ (DBA), The Rickert Expert Group™ (DBA) and Don Rickert Musical Instruments™ (DBA).
The Rickert Expert Group™: Patent Litigation Expert Services (www.RickertExpertServices.com)
PATENT LITIGATION EXPERT SERVICES:Provide the full spectrum of Expert Witness and associated Consulting Services to Legal Counsel involved in Patent infringement cases, including prior art research, writing expert opinion Declarations (e.g. Federal Court “Rule 26 Reports”) and Rebuttals (e.g. to opposition Expert Reports) for U.S. District Court, as well actually testifying as an Expert Witness in cases that go to trial.
Expert Witness Experience and Special Skills (SUMMARY):
- Experience as Testifying (i.e. Lead) Expert Witness on a landmark patent infringement case (U.S. District Court) and multiple ITC 337 Investigations
- Physical Infringement Analysis: Beyond-the-ordinary experience as an expert witness in analyzing internal electro-mechanical structures (e.g. switching mechanisms) and electronic components of accused devices
- Experience in review and analysis of USPTO Patent Prosecution Records
- Experience in preparing Expert reports (Rule 26 Reports, Rebuttals, and Expert Declarations)
- Deposition and trial experience, exhibit preparation
Practice limited to Testifying (i.e. Primary) Expert on major U.S. District Court patent infringement cases. Will consider ITC 337 Investigations in cases involving musical instruments and/or associated accessories.
Managing Partner and Principal Expert Witness, Dr. Don Rickert is certified as a Designated IMS EliteXpert. IMS ExpertServices, a leading full service expert witness and litigation consultant delivery firm in the U.S.
He is also a certified Expert with the Beche Group IP Services, the preeminent Expert Witness agency in the San Fransico Bay Area (i.e Silicon Valley). The Beche Group connects top litigators with the world’s preeminent expert witnesses, hard-to-find experts that are top in their field, for complex patent infringement matters.
- Product Design - UI Design Expert Profile for Donald Rickert, Ph.D., IDSA
- Musical Instrument Design Expert Profile for Donald Rickert, Ph.D., IDSA
Don Rickert Research & Design™ (www.DonRickertDesign.com) focuses on:
DESIGN RESEARCH: Qualitative & Quantitative Research (Usability evaluation, Customer and Market Research, Observational Methods - Ethnography, Depth Interviewing, etc.), including statistical analysis of quantitative metrics, such as customer satisfaction, consumer preference and quality assurance data.
DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF CUSTOM PRODUCTS: Experience and expertise spans a variety of industries, with a good mix of online media and other interactive products, as well as physical goods.
Don Rickert Musical Instruments™ (www.RickertMusicalinstruments.com) focuses on:
- Designing and making high-end custom musical instrument creations for individual customers (usually professional performers)
- Inventing truly ground-breaking musical instruments for international design competitions
Learn More: see The New Don Rickert Musical Instruments™
Where We Are Located
The Don Rickert Research & Design™ AND the Don Rickert Musial Instruments studios (called “Wild Rock”) are near Hiawassee, GA, USA, a small town in the North Georgia Mountains. Wild Rock is on the boundary of the Chattahoochee National Forest Wilderness Area, which continues as the Nantahala National Forest Wilderness at the nearby North Carolina border.